Our family, our acting academy and parents of actors we know all promote the importance of healthy snacks for child actors. Of course this also pertains to all kids. However, our child actors need snacks throughout the day while on set, in training and auditions, so we have a bit more to think about. We need to be able to keep our child actors’ energy levels up throughout the day without any spikes from sugar or without any crashing from sugar.
-So, what are the favorite snacks of child actors that are also healthy for them to eat? They’ve told me.
-What do I make sure to bring in the car with us on the way to auditions? Always have this ready in our house.
-What do the actors we know pack in their snack bags for acting classes? They bring it to class every week.
Here are our top healthy snacks for child actors and the ones you should make sure to always stock your refrigerator and pantry with:
By the way, our family started using Amazon Groceries and we absolutely love that most of our groceries come to us by mail now, as we lead very busy lives. We love that we get 30% off our name-brand groceries. If curious, you can check out Amazon Groceries here >
1) Fresh Fruit like apples, bananas, strawberries, grapes or pears. Also super popular are Go Go Squeez which are essentially various colored apple sauces in cool packages for kids.
2) Actor’s Peanut Butter with banana or an apple or Peanut Butter with Whole Wheat Toast. Can add jelly or bananas if making a sandwich on this one. Our daughter’s favorite peanut butter is the Jif Creamy Peanut Butter. I personally like to cut fun shapes in the bread for her, however, I know at some point she will want just regular shaped bread.
3) Horizon Mozzarella String Cheese is for sure in her top 3.
4) Nuts – The actors we know like this one in particular – Planters NUT-rition Heart Healthy Mix . But, you can have your child eat any brand of peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, with lightly salted being better than fully salted and even make your own trail mix. Be careful you are not around others with nut allergies if you are close to others when eating. Also make sure your academy does not prohibit nuts.
5) Cereal – ones that are low in Sugar. The favorite of our child actress is Cheerios, but there are a lot of other healthy ones to choose from. You can even mix things with the cereal such as dried fruit, raisins or coconut flakes which are also very healthy.
6) Baby Tomatoes – these are a great one to snack on and they don’t need to be in the refrigerator.
Your child actor should also be drinking a lot of water, so make sure you have water on hand wherever you go.
One quick note, if you do have access to a refrigerator or you can keep things cold in a cold pack thermos or lunch pack with ice blocks in it, you can also add the following items as favorites to the healthy snack list for child actors: Smoothies like Danimal Smoothies and of course Cut up Veggies.